This is the 1800 grit resin bond profile wheel. This unit is designed as a replacement wheel for the Raimondi Bulldog. The finer grit resin bond wheels can be used to achieve the quality finish. The fine grit pads consist of 400, 800, 1,500, 1,800 and 3,500. If more luster/color from the polished surface is desired, use the Buff wheel. This is a resin bond polishing wheel and it should be used after the metal bonded and metal plated tools that give you the shape on the tiles. The resin bonded tools are for polishing. They should be used in order until the desired gloss level of your tiles is reached. This is the 1800 grit; it is the 4th resin bond tool. Use this after the 1500 grit resin bond tool.
MK Diamond Profile Wheels are designed to achieve a quality finish on all profile and bevel shapes. The unique design of the profile wheel allows for even removal rates with minimal effort. Shaping and polishing is a process which takes time and requires that each grit size be used properly to achieve a quality finish.
- Rough shape material to the desired profile using the Segmented 30/40 grit profile wheel.
- Next change wheel to the Sintered Profile Wheel. Smooth the surface as much as possible with the 60/80 grit. Check the wheel height and depth to ensure full contact with the previously created profile.
- Change to the Plated Wheel, 140/170 grit. The smoothing of the surface during this stage of polishing will determine the quality of the finish that will be achieved.
- Once all large scratches have been sufficiently removed the finer grit resin bond wheels can be used to achieve the quality finish. The fine grit resin bonded pads consist of 400, 800, 1,500, 1,800 and 3,500. If more luster/color from the polished surface is desired, use the Buff wheel. Usually if you use the 400, 800 and 1500 grit that should be enough gloss for the job, but occasionally our customers have required higher grits for a higher gloss.
Important Points in the Polishing Process:
- Never skip grit sizes during the shaping/polishing process. Skipping grit sizes will result in an unsatisfactory finish to the stone.
- To finish the profile always use the same radius wheel as used for the initial shaping.
DX 10mm Radius Resin Bond B-Profile Wheel (1800 Grit) for Raimondi Bulldog
- Brand: MK Diamond
- Product Code: 166084Z
- Availability: In Stock